With solution centers covering all over the worlds, global teams of German localization and project management experts, advanced technology, and an external network
including thousands of freelancers, ExperTrans has the resources to provide unparalleled global market expertise with comprehensive and practical local experience – German translation – interpretation services.
See following information for our supported German language services:
Information about German Translation
- Every 10th book published worldwide is in the German language!
- Due to its feudal history, unification and standardization of German language was not brought about till the 18th century when many outstanding writers (Goethe, Schiller,…) took great pains to form the language.
Some characteristics of German language
- German is fond of lengthy compounds: i.e. ‘history of language’ translates as ‘Sprachgeschichte’
- All nouns are capitalized
- Formal / informal address
- Deference and politeness is expressed by the switch between formal ‘Sie’ (2nd person plural) and informal‘du’ (2nd person singular).
- Inflection, declination and grammatical gender are important features of German grammar
- Written German uses several letters in addition to the 26 letters used in the English alphabet: ä, ö, ü (called umlauts) and ß.
Other common language services: